Job Posting: NASAO Director of Government Affairs
Thursday, July 16, 2020
Posted by: NASAO
NASAO Director of Government Affairs
The National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) is the recognized voice of the states and territories on aviation and the national aviation system. We work to ensure that system remains safe, secure, efficient, and well-funded and continues its role as a powerful economic engine for mobility, economic growth, and job creation across the nation for the benefit of al our citizens. We are currently seeking a Director of Government Affairs to help lead that effort.
Job Summary: Assist the President/CEO with managing all advocacy and legislative efforts and with the tracking of legislative and regulatory activities.
- Under direction of the President/CEO, take a leading role in managing NASAO’s public policy efforts.
- Work with the President/CEO to identify legislative and regulatory issues of importance to NASAO members and develop relevant messaging.
- Track legislative and regulatory activity of interest to NASAO and coordinate meetings with members of Congress and the Administration
- Work with President/CEO to support NASAO Board and Legislative Committee on aviation policy issues.
- Write regular communications and alerts to NASAO members on key issues
- Attend/monitor Hill hearings and write same-day reports for NASAO members
- Work with President/CEO in identifying key aviation policy leaders in Congress to approach with NASAO message and develop relationships of trust.
- Develop relationships with, and work with, staff in key congressional offices
- Work with President/CEO in maintaining key relationships and actively engaging with the FAA and other agencies and the Administration on relevant operational and policy issues.
- Work with President/CEO in developing a program to engage NASAO members, including NASAO partners, in advocacy efforts
- Experience on Capitol Hill and understanding of the US Congress and its workings
- Aviation policy experience
- Strong writing and overall communications skills
- Highly organized and detailed
- Ability to lead initiatives
- Proactive and willing to accept responsibilities and assignments
- Mature sense of personal accountability
- Strong time and project management and organizational skills
- Seeks opportunities to grow professionally
- Affable personality and good people skills
NASAO is one of the oldest aviation associations in the U.S. having been founded in 1931. Under a new structure and leadership, NASAO is seeking to re-claim a position in the forefront of U.S. aviation advocacy. The successful applicant will play a key role in this effort, and in helping shape the future of American aviation policy.
To apply for the position please submit your resume with cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls. Position open until filled.