|Henry Ogrodzinski Scholarship|
Henry M. Ogrodzinski
Henry Ogrodzinski, spent more than seventeen years leading NASAO as its President and CEO and devoted his lifetime to the general aviation industry. Henry O, as he was referred to by the industry, passed away in January of 2013 after a long battle with cancer. Henry had been an advocate for aviation his entire professional life, starting at the General Motors’ avionics division in Milwaukee and moving to senior policy positions at the Experimental Aircraft Association in Oshkosh, the General Aviation Manufacturers Association in Washington, D.C. and Gulfstream Aerospace in Savannah. In 1996, Henry joined the staff of the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) as President and CEO. He served on the Board of Directors of the National Aeronautic Association, the Oversight Committee of the Airport Cooperative Research Program, the Board of Nominations of the National Aviation Hall of Fame and the Selection Committee for the annual award of the Collier Trophy for the “greatest achievement in aviation”. Henry led the aviation industry with incredible passion towards and sincere concern for all friends, and aviation industry stakeholders.
THE HENRY OGRODZINSKI
Purpose: The purpose of the NASAO Henry Ogrodzinski Scholarship program is to award a scholarship for academic achievement in aviation or aerospace. The scholarship is offered to juniors or seniors at a college or university continuing their education in the aviation or aerospace industry. Full details regarding eligibility and requirements can be found here.
Eligibility: The NASAO Henry Ogrodzinski Scholarship applicant must:
1. Be enrolled as a Junior or Senior at an accredited educational institution related to the Aviation or Aerospace industry, and
2. Applicant must possess and maintain a minimum major GPA of 3.0 at the time of application and receipt of scholarship funds.
Scholarship: The program may award up to three (3) $1000 non-renewable scholarships that may be used for Tuition, Fees, Books and/or Supplies. The scholarship may not be used for Room & Board or travel expenses. The scholarship is a one-time award, however, recipients are encouraged to apply in future years.
Scholarship Requirements: The following requirements are necessary to be considered for the scholarship:
3. Applicant(s) must submit the following:
(a) Scholarship Application
(b) school transcript (Unofficial is Acceptable)
(c) A recent letter of recommendation: either one from a former or current professor/instructor or one from someone other than a professor/instructor who has knowledge of the student’s leadership qualities.
(d) 300-500 word personal statement with an emphasis on the aviation or aerospace industry and the applicant’s goals and dreams and how the applicant intends to use those skills learned in their future.
1. Applicant(s) must be certain that they meet the qualifications described above
2. Applicant(s) must complete and sign the APPLICATION as well as obtain all of the items listed in the scholarship requirements
3. Applicant(s) must mail the complete packet and submit via email or postal mail to:
Include subject line:
Henry O. Application
Henry O. Scholarship Program
1390 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, VA 22101
1. NASAO reserves the right to change or discontinue this program without notice.
2. Award recipients must notify NASAO of acceptance of the award upon notification or the award may be forfeited.
3. Applicants are solely responsible for a completed and signed application, a letter of recommendation, and a current transcript or copy of their grades and must be received by NASAO no later than May 8, 2020.
4. Questions regarding the program may be directed to NASAO at email@example.com